One of the largest theatre stages in Britain, The Bristol Hippodrome has established itself on the touring circuit for all major musical productions, thus becoming known as Bristol’s West End Theatre.
Email [email protected] for a copy of our visual story which is designed to assist our patrons who are on the autistic spectrum or who have a sensory or communication condition.
Venue Access Information
Customers can park for free with a Blue Badge on double yellow lines (up to 3 hours) or parking meters (no time limit). Closest roads to the theatre’s Access Entrance are Denmark Street, Gaunts Lane, Unity Street and Orchard Street
From the Access Entrance to the wheelchair user’s platform only
There is a unisex wheelchair accessible toilet just inside the Access Entrance. There is also another one at the rear of the Piano Bar at the front of the venue.
Level access to the theatre:
Through the Access Entrance in Denmark Street. Please contact the Access line on 0800 912 6971 (Mon-Sat 09:00 to 22:00, Sun 10:00 to 20:00) for specific information and booking.
Mobile Connect System:
Our auditorium has recently been installed with a new Mobile Connect system that will enhance the experience of visually impaired patrons or those who are hard of hearing. The Mobile Connect system provides an amplified performance for those who need it via your personal mobile phone or tablet. If you are not familiar with this service, here is some further information to assist you before arriving for a performance:
• Anyone using this system will be able to hear a live feed of the performance on stage (with Audio Description if attending an Audio Described performance) through a headset or directly through their hearing aids from wherever they are sat throughout the auditorium. If you are listening through hearing aids, please request a neck loop.
• If you have either an iPhone/iPod/iPad or an android smartphone you can download the FREE Sennheiser Mobile Connect App from the app store through a WiFi connection (Downloading using your roaming data may incur extra data charges).
• Bring your fully charged device with the latest version of the app installed and your own headphones to use in the venue.
• Please connect to the Mobile Connect Wifi once inside the auditorium on arrival and make sure that your data is switched off and your phone is on silent. (For the best experience, you may wish to switch your device to Airplane mode. The Mobile Connect App will still work under this function).
• Our Piano Bar opens 2 hours prior to a performance and theatre staff will be on hand here to help familiarise you with the App.
• If you do not have your own device, we have a limited number of devices and headphones available for use.
• Please make sure you bring your phone or tablet fully charged and be aware that your battery could be fully depleted by the end of its use (depending on model, battery age, length of show etc). You may want to bring a “battery bank” with you so that you can re-charge your device if needed.
Assistance Dogs are welcome and can be looked after by the theatre staff during the performance if requested on arrival.
If you have any further questions regarding our Mobile Connect system or for any other Access enquiries, please contact [email protected] and we will be happy to help.