We are delighted to introduce you to the ATG Access Membership Scheme. It is designed to make it easier for our customers to book accessible seats, and to make it much clearer for our staff to ensure they deliver a consistent service. Really importantly, it’s free to join!
The new scheme will enable you to:
- Book tickets online, including wheelchair positions and the best-accessible seats.
- Receive information on forthcoming Access Performances.
- Receive pre-visit emails with lots of information that will enable a smoother theatre experience for you.
- Make the most of an ATG Theatre Card Membership with priority booking online for accessible seating.
The new scheme will enable our staff to:
- Deliver red carpet customer service for you, both when buying your ticket and when you visit our venue.
- Deliver a scheme carefully designed in partnership with ATG Customer Focus Groups, an Access Consultant and Disability Organisations
- Make sure our Front of House teams have the right information, ensuring they can deliver excellent service to you.
- Process orders faster, with you only needing to provide details of your requirements once.
The ATG Access Membership Scheme will be trialled during 2018 before becoming live in all UK ATG Venues. For more information, please visit the Box Office or contact our Access Line 0800 912 6971.
- How to Join
- Join the ATG Access Membership Scheme by downloading the standard ATG Access Membership form here or download the Groups Access Membership Registration form here. Alternatively, visit one of our Box Offices to register or call our customer contact centre on 0800 912 6971. When joining you will be asked a few questions to let us know about any access requirements, this makes it easier for us to provide you with a better service.
- Booking Tickets
- Once signed-up to the ATG Access Membership Scheme, customers can book tickets in person from the Box Office, by phone on 00800 912 6971, or online at the concession rate.
- Collecting Tickets
- Concession tickets can be collected from Box office or will be delivered via post.
- Terms and Conditions
- The Access Membership Scheme allows our customers with access requirements and their companions to purchase discounted ticket(s). It also aims to assist our access customers in booking tickets and helps us to understand their specific needs. Customers wishing to take advantage of the Access Membership Scheme discounts are required to join our free Access Membership Scheme. By joining the Access Membership Scheme and purchasing a discounted ticket(s) you agree that the ticket(s) will only be used by a disabled person (as defined by the Equality Act 2010) and his/her companion
Access Membership Scheme discounted ticket(s) are applicable to all seats in a venue with the exception of premium seats, price promise seats or in conjunction with any other discount. However, they are subject to availability and may not be available for certain Events.<
The Access Membership Scheme is open to anyone who is restricted in their ability to access the services provided in venues owned or operated by ATG. We will require proof of eligibility to join the Access Membership Scheme and further details can be found on the registration form. Customers who intentionally give false information will have their Access Membership revoked and will be removed from the Access Membership Scheme. We retain the right to review, amend or withdraw the Access Membership Scheme at any time, revoke Access Scheme Membership if the customer’s eligibility changes and to require customers to re-apply for a new Access Scheme Membership after review.<
Any tickets purchased under the Access Membership Scheme must be used by you (and, if applicable, a companion who accompanies you to the performance). We reserve the right to check ticketholders' proof of eligibility at the Venue and, in the event that valid proof of eligibility is not provided, refuse any such ticketholders admission to the Venue or ask such ticketholders to leave the Venue. We reserve the right to withdraw your membership or deny access if we reasonably suspect that you or your companion(s) are abusing the Access Membership Scheme.
One discounted ticket will be available per member, per performance (subject to availability). [However, if as a result of your access requirement, you require a companion to sit with you, then you may request a complimentary ticket for your companion (alternative reasonable adjustment offered for The Lion King (West End) and Wicked (West End) performances*). The disabled customers discounted ticket price will be split equally between the tickets for the customer and companion. This equates financially to a free ticket for the carer. We will endeavour to seat both disabled customer and their companion together. One companion ticket will be available per eligible member, per performance (subject to availability). If you wish to buy any further tickets, these can be purchased at full price [outside of the Access Membership Scheme]. * For The Lion King (West End) and Wicked (West End), one companion ticket is available to purchase at same discounted rate as member ticket.
If you wish to book a ticket on behalf of someone who has an access requirement, then you may join the Access Membership Scheme yourself and give details of the requirements for your guest or dependant. If you wish to book on behalf of a group of guests or dependants that have access requirements, please contact our Group booking department for the venue you wish to visit or call 0207 206 1174.
Our standard terms and conditions of sale apply to all bookings, a full copy of which is available here.
If you have any further enquiries or questions, please call the Access Line on 0800 912 6971
- What does the ATG Access Membership entitle me to?
- The ATG access membership scheme provides a number of benefits:
- Ticket Discounts – Get up to 1/3 off full price tickets in your selected ticket price band.
Access Membership Scheme discounted ticket(s) are subject to availability and may not be available for certain Events. All discounts are excluded from premium seats.
- Obtain a free ticket for your personal assistant who is accompanying you to enable you to visit the theatre, by providing the assistance you require as a result of your disability. (*alternative reasonable adjustments offered on The Lion King and Wicked performances, where a companion ticket is available at same discounter rate as member ticket).
- Online booking facility
- If you opt in to emails and updates, we will send pre-visit emails and promotions tailored to your requirements, with extra information included for the benefit of those with accessibility considerations or special performances such as signed, captioned and audio described dates.
- Why has this scheme been set up?
- ATG recognises that there may be explicit or implicit barriers for disabled persons attending ATG venues, whether physical or financial. Consequently, ATG has introduced a new ticket pricing and membership scheme to ensure access requirements can be more effectively recorded and met
- Which theatres does the membership scheme apply to?
- The membership will apply to all UK ATG theatres. The scheme is currently in a pilot phase, with three initial venues changing to the new pricing structure from June 2016. We expect to have updated all ATG venues by the end of the year.
All tickets will be subject to availability, so members should book early to make sure they obtain the tickets they require. Any day-release or rush tickets that are held aside at the Box Office should be made available to Access Members, with reasonable adjustment for the seats required
- Is there a membership card?
- No. The access membership will simply be linked to your ATG booking account. We plan to affiliate with the nationwide Access Card scheme, promoted by Nimbus.
- Are there any conditions of the membership scheme?
- Yes – we have a separate Terms and Conditions document.
- Who is eligible for the membership scheme?
- Membership is open to anyone who is presented with a barrier in attending our venues due to a disability. The eligibility criteria are kept under review and may be updated from time to time; currently we accept any of the following proofs:
I. Evidence of receipt of PIP Daily Living Component
II. Evidence of receipt of DLA High or Middle Rate Care Component
III. Certificate of Visual Impairment
IV. Evidence of receipt of War Disablement Pension
V. Evidence of receipt of AFIP (armed forces independence payment)
VI. Evidence of receipt of Direct Payments
VII. Evidence of receipt of Social Services Care Package
VIII. Evidence of receipt of a Continuing Healthcare Package
IX. Evidence of receipt of Dual Sensory Impairment
X. Blue Badge
XI. Possession of a Disabled Railcard
XII. Possession of a CEA Card
XIII. Possession of a Access Card (Nimbus)
XIV. Any other International Disability Documentation
To prove eligibility you will need to provide one of the above forms documentation.
- Is there a fee to join the membership scheme?
- The membership scheme is free of charge.
- How do I apply for the membership scheme?
- Customers can register for the access scheme via the following booking platforms:
o ATGtickets website – please visit https://www.atgtickets.com/access/ to download and complete the application form.
o Box Office – please visit one of our Box Offices and ask the assistant to register your application.
o Customer Contact Centre – please call 03330 096 690* and ask a customer service assistant to register your application over the phone.
Tickets must be collected from the Box Office and proof of eligibility shown to a Box Office member on your first visit.
*Calls are charged at standard geographic rates and count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as calls to 01 and 02 numbers.
- Can I apply for a membership on behalf of somebody else?
- Yes, it is possible to join the Access Membership Scheme on behalf of another person. You will be asked to provide details of their access requirements and present proof of eligibility at the Box Office when you collect the tickets.
- I am a group booker, can I apply for a group membership?
- Yes, you are able to join to enable your group to take advantage of the membership benefits. You will be asked to supply a risk assessment or another form of documentation that details your group’s needs. Our Call Centre or Box Office will be able to set the membership up for you.
- I do not want to join the Access Membership Scheme, can I still access the benefits?
- The benefits are available to access members only. However, you don’t need to join our Access Membership Scheme for assistance attending our performances, and our Front of House teams will be able to assist in any way they can
- For how long is the membership valid for?
- 3 years from the date of registration. After this point, we will ask to review your requirements and see proof of your eligibility again.
- How long will it take ATG to activate the benefits?
- The benefits will be activated immediately after registration. Online booking and the standardised pricing will be rolled-out across all ATG venues from June 2016 to the end of the year.
- What happens to the personal documents and data that are used to process the application?
- You only need to show your documents to the Box Office for your membership to be fully activated. No physical or electronic copies of documents will be held. Limited personal data which is required to administer the scheme is retained in order to anticipate access requirements and to make reasonable adjustment on future bookings.
- Can I be a member of both the Access Membership and Theatre Card scheme?
- Yes, Access Membership and Theatre Card membership can be combined which will entitle you to use the benefits of both schemes simultaneously.
- Can I access other discounts at the same time?
- We can only offer one discount per ticket. We will always aim to make discounts available on our accessible seats online, and our Contact Centre and Box Offices will be able to book any advertised offer into the most appropriate seats.Only one discount per ticket. Subject to availability.Only one discount per ticket. Subject to availability.
- Does my Access Membership apply if I book tickets through a 3rd party ticket agent?
- At present the Access Membership benefits are only available for tickets booked directly through ATG Tickets.
- What happens if my access requirements change or I can no longer make the performance?
- ATG will be happy to update the Access Membership with new information at any time, and to amend any previous bookings – contact us in the usual way by phone, email, social media or visiting a venue. If the Access Member does not attend the performance for which discounted tickets have been booked, the tickets can be exchanged for the same seats at Full Price.