The Playhouse Theatre

The Playhouse Theatre, originally known as the Royal Avenue Theatre, opened in 1882. The Theatre closed for refurbishment in 1905 and reopened under its current name in 1907. The venue staged the premier of George Bernard Shaw’s Arms and the Man and has hosted WS Gilbert, Gladys Cooper, The Almeida Theatre Company, The Peter Hall Company and Janet McTeer.

The Playhouse Theatre exclusives