The New Theatre, as it was named, opened on Boxing Day 1912. Struggling to compete with other establishments, it was sold to United Theatre Ltd in 1915 and was renamed the New Queens Theatre.
Between the years of 1916 and 1920, Sir Thomas Beecham chose to perform there on several occasions and it was in honour of this great man that, in August of that year, the theatre was renamed The Opera House.
Over the years this building has ‘seen’ life change around... Read more >>
The Opera House has a magnificent auditorium with a traditional proscenium arch stage and seating capacity of 1,915, making it suitable for one-off hires, conference and events.
To discuss local hires please contact Carl Marsden on 0161 828 1708 or email email@example.com for national and international touring productions please contact our venue bookings department on 020 7009 3459.