The Alexandra Theatre was built in 1901 by William Coutts at a cost of £10,000 and was originally called the Lyceum. Its opening production was a play entitled The Workman, which ran from 27th May 1901, with tickets ranging in price from two shillings to four (old) pence. Unfortunately, insufficient public support resulted in the theatre being offered for sale just over a year later. The sale attracted no great interest, and the Lyceum was bought by Lester Collingwood for just £4,450.
Read more >>
To discuss local hires please contact Becky Charles, Deputy General Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org or for national and international touring productions please contact our venue bookings department on 0207 534 6190.