Approved by ATG's PR & Communications Officer, David Bradbury
Following the success of last year’s production of West Side Story, we are delighted to announce that the Liverpool Empire Stage Experience project for 2012 is...Annie
The Liverpool Empire Theatre is searching for a talented cast of 120 young people to stage the full scale musical production of Annie!
Set in New York during the depression, the show tells the story of a feisty little girl named Annie. Despite being abandoned by her parents on the doorstep of a New York orphanage run by the cruel Miss Hannigan, Annie remains optimistic that one day soon everything is going to turn out just fine... and that day might just be 'Tomorrow'! With the help of her friends, Annie escapes the clutches of Miss Hannigan and sets off out to find her parents. Her infectious nature soon finds her with a new four-legged best friend called Sandy, an offer of adoption from billionaire Oliver Warbucks and even a meeting with President FD Roosevelt! However Miss Hannigan and her scheming brother, Rooster, are soon back on her trail, determined to take her back to the orphanage.
Featuring the unforgettable songs It’s a Hard Knock Life, Easy Street and Tomorrow, this musical is an all-time classic rags to riches tale.
Project Dates: Monday 6 – Saturday 18 August 2012
Auditions will be held on Saturday 17 March 2012
Ages 11 - 14 (School Year 6 - 9) Times: 9am – 12.30pm
Ages 15 – 21 (School Year 10 and above) Times: 1.30pm – 5pm
Recall auditions will be held on Saturday 24 March 2012
• Potential participants must return a completed application form along with 4 passport photographs before 6pm Friday 24 February to secure an audition. Late applications will not be processed.
• Auditions are free and open to everyone regardless of experience
• Photographs must be passport sized other formats will not be accepted as these are required for identification and licensing purposes.
• Places are limited so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
• Auditions will take place at the Liverpool Empire Theatre on Saturday 17 March. Recall auditions will take place on Saturday 24 March.
• Potential participants will not need to prepare anything for the first audition. They will be required to take part in three group workshop activities of dance, drama and singing. Those invited to recall auditions will be given work to prepare.
• Project fee of £160.00 includes two weeks professional tuition, souvenir t-shirt and loan of costume. Discount available for those enrolling more than one child.
• Participants must be available for rehearsals from 10am – 5.30pm weekdays on 6 – 15 August plus the four performances on 16, 17 & 18 August.
• All information will be provided via email – please ensure that you have a working email address and notify us immediately of any changes.