Front of House Assistants
To deliver excellent customer service at all times in order to Make Theatre Magic for every customer and to assist in maximising sales in Front of House areas.
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times.
- Pro-actively maximise sales through effective sales techniques.
- Carry out auditorium duties as directed by management.
- Monitor high standards of uniform and adhere to best practice procedures.
- Maintain secure and accurate handling of all monies in keeping with the cash handling procedures.
- Understand and assist with venue evacuations where necessary.
- Have a good knowledge of the theatre, the current programme and surrounding area to answer customer queries.
- Work at all time within Health and Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Attend further training courses in order to further self-development.
- Undertake any other duties as required by management.
- Previous experience in a customer service role.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Enthusiasm for the arts.
- Attention to detail.
- Cash handling experience and numeracy skills.
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Able to work in a busy environment and under pressure.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours.
- High standards of presentation.
- Good sales skills.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Good communication skills.
Note to applicants
- Current First Aid at Work Certificate.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
The role of Front of House Assistant is a casual role and we ask that you commit to a minimum of 4 shifts a week with one of those alternating between a Friday and a Saturday. Over Christmas you will work either Boxing Day or the evening show on New Year's Day amongst your other shifts.
There are positions available at both the Palace Theatre and the Opera House. If you have a preference as to which to work at then please indicate this on your application form in the venue box. Positions at the Opera House will be starting from 28th August 2012 and from September 2012 at the Palace Theatre.
Interviews will take place on 21st or 22nd August 2012.
Application forms and vacancy information
Please save the documents listed below to your computer. You can do this by clicking the links and following the instructions given by your operating system; usually, this will involve selecting the option to save the file to your desktop. You should read all the documents carefully. Use information provided in the Job description and Person specification to help you complete your application.
We would really appreciate you taking the time to complete and return the Equal Opportunities Form along with your application. This will allow us to monitor effectively and ensure we are reaching an appropriately diverse audience.
How to apply
There are two ways to apply for a job at Ambassador Theatre Group. In all instances please send your completed application form and equal opportunities form, so it reaches Ambassador Theatre Group by 12 August 2012, quoting the job reference - MANFOH, to:
- Email: Attach your completed application and equal opportunities form to an email and send to
quoting the job reference (MANFOH) in the subject line
- By post: Jen Wilkinson, Front of House Manager, Palace Theatrem, Oxford Street, Manchester M1 6FT