Job reference: BRIBAR
We are looking for a service-focussed Supervisor to join our Bistro team at the Bristol Hippodrome.
As our Bistro Supervisor, you will help lead the team in the running of Hanover Street Bistro. A capable leader with a proven track record of delivering quality work, you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation and management of the Bistro under the direction of the Bistro Manager and our central Customer Experience Team.
For someone looking to lead an exciting new opening whilst working for the global leader in live theatre, this is a very exciting career opportunity!
To assist with the operation of the Hanover Street Bistro, a dining establishment within the Bristol Hippodrome; providing excellent customer service at all times.
The supervisor role includes running the floor for several shifts per week as required, and for
taking responsibility for the Bistro when the Bistro Manager is off.
- Organising bookings and responding to customer enquires
- Maintaining excellent standards of customer service and food quality during the shift
- Running a small team to deliver the best possible results and experiences for customers
- Being fully trained in the kitchen
- Co-ordinating with the Piano Bar Supervisor to redeploy staff as appropriate
- Working with the Bistro Manager to improve and develop the Hanover St. Bistro
- Helping with extra events such as Murder Mystery Dinners and The Secret Cabaret
This role is offered on a casual / zero hours basis and is open to both internal and external applicants. The successful person will be able to combine this role with other front of house or kitchen shifts if desired.
- You are aged 18 or over as this role includes alcohol sales.
- Flexible with working hours is essential; varied hours will include afternoons, evening shifts and weekends.
- Proven experience of working in a retail or customer service environment is essential.
- Proven experience and/or demonstrable skills in managing others.
- You must be legally eligible to work and reside in the UK.
- Experience of working in a bar.
- Food hygiene certificate.
- Barista trained.
- Kitchen experience.
- Personal Licence qualification
Application forms and vacancy information
Please save the documents listed below to your computer. You can do this by clicking the links and following the instructions given by your operating system; usually, this will involve selecting the option to save the file to your desktop.
We would really appreciate you taking the time to complete our Equal Opportunities Survey - there is a link at the end of the application form. The survey is anonymous and does not form part of your application process. It allows us to monitor effectively and ensure we are reaching an appropriately diverse audience.
How To Apply
Please send your completed application form, so it reaches Ambassador Theatre Group by 26 March 2017, quoting the job reference - BRIBAR, to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job reference (BRIBAR) in the subject line
- By post: Gavin Dale, Deputy Customer Experience & Bistro Manager, Bristol Hippodrome, 10 St Augustine’s Parade, Bristol, BS1 4UZ