Front of House Staff
To adhere to all company policies and procedures, including Health & Safety regulations. To provide the highest level of customer service at all times, whilst working to maximise sales and exceed set targets. To be of smart appearance, wearing the uniform provided, carrying out all duties courteously and in a professional manner in order to promote the values of entertainment excellence.
- To welcome and receive patrons, dealing with any queries and answering enquiries.
- To provide information and directions to audience members requiring assistance during performance times.
- To be vigilant in observing the audience during a performance and reporting any issues to the Front of House or Duty Management.
- To work on bars and kiosks, maximising sales, whilst adhering to company cash handling and stock monitoring procedures.
- To ensure the presentation and cleanliness of all FOH retail points, including bars are of the highest possible standard.
- To assist in the timely evacuation of patrons, if required during a performance.
- To carry out any other duties reasonably requested by management.
- Experience of providing customer service at the highest level.
- Experience of working in a public building & dealing with the general public.
- Willing to work unsociable hours.
- Strong cash handling skills.
- Experience working in a theatre/arts environment.
- Knowledge/experience of H&S and evacuation procedures.
- Previous experience working in a bar.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over to work on bars.
All applicants MUST be available to work Wednesday & Thursday afternoons and Saturday evenings.
Application forms and vacancy information
Please save the documents listed below to your computer. You can do this by clicking the links and following the instructions given by your operating system; usually, this will involve selecting the option to save the file to your desktop.
We would really appreciate you taking the time to complete our Equal Opportunities Survey - there is a link at the end of the application form. The survey is anonymous and does not form part of your application process. It allows us to monitor effectively and ensure we are reaching an appropriately diverse audience.
How to apply
Please send your completed application form, so it reaches Ambassador Theatre Group by 17 May 2013, quoting the job reference - SUNFOH, to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting the job reference (SUNFOH) in the subject line
- By post: Karen Lillycrop, Front of House Manager,
Sunderland Empire Theatre,
4 – 5 High Street West,