Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
To initiate, plan and implement marketing strategies and tactics to establish both the Grand Opera House, York, as the primary presenting venue in the county and as a centre of regional stature as efficiently as possible within agreed resources.
- To initiate and plan marketing strategies for the Grand Opera House York as appropriate and to manage the work of the marketing team to implement these strategies and tactics in order for the company to achieve its business objectives and deliver/exceed on sales targets set.
- To control the marketing budget to ensure that resources are managed as effectively as possible. To ensure that all financial processes are accurate and completed efficiently to the timelines set.
- To liaise on the development of future programme, pricing and marketing strategy in order to support the sales targets set.
- To produce or supervise the production of all key printed materials for the venue including the brochure, programme, and other associated leaflets/diaries/posters/advertising in order to maximise sales.
- To liaise with all other departments within the theatre to maintain close Marketing/Sales links with the aim that other teams understand the work of the Department and work to meet marketing objectives and sales targets.
- To manage the work of the Marketing Assistant, Press Officer, Group Sales Officer and casual marketing staff particularly in relation to their responsibilities for individual campaign planning.
Please note that the closing time for applications on Wednesday, 22nd February is 5pm.
Application forms and vacancy information
Please save the documents listed below to your computer. You can do this by clicking the links and following the instructions given by your operating system; usually, this will involve selecting the option to save the file to your desktop. You should read all the documents carefully. Use information provided in the Job description and Person specification to help you complete your application.
We would really appreciate you taking the time to complete and return the Equal Opportunities Form along with your application. This will allow us to monitor effectively and ensure we are reaching an appropriately diverse audience.
How to apply
There are two ways to apply for a job at Ambassador Theatre Group. In all instances please send your completed application form and equal opportunities form, so it reaches Ambassador Theatre Group by 22 February 2012, quoting the job reference - YORMAR, to:
- Email: Attach your completed application and equal opportunities form to an email and send to
quoting the job reference (YORMAR) in the subject line
- By post: Lizzie Richards, General Manager,
Grand Opera House,
York, YO1 9SW